Monday, November 17, 2014

Thanksgiving Fun

Are you studying Thanksgiving this week?  I have several freebies available that might be helpful.

Have your young students practice writing their ABC's with this fun sheet.

Use this story starter to help your students create a story about Thanksgiving.


Need an idea for persuasive writing?  Use this fun paper to let students write about why turkeys should not be eaten for Thanksgiving dinner.

I always read 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey to my kindergarten and first grade classes the week before our Thanksgiving break.  It's a hilarious book and they love the ending.



There are even several YouTube videos of someone reading the book.


Last year I made this story elements freebie worksheet to go with the book.


I also came across a few new Thanksgiving books I hadn't heard of before.  Tammy from the Live. Love. Laugh.  Everyday in Kindergarten blog has posted a couple of freebies to go with these books.  The Great Turkey Race freebie can be found HERE. And The Silly Turkey Party freebie can be found HERE.



If you need some more fun fall activities, games, or online resources, check out Shannon's Fall Fun website she made.  Shannon's blog is technology rocks. seriously. She shares tons of great websites and other technologies on her blog.  Go check it out!  You won't be disappointed.

And because you know I love to make bookmarks, here is a Thanksgiving sampler of 4 free bookmarks.


I also have a larger pack of Thanksgiving bookmarks available for only $2.00 in my TpT store.


And this cute Thanksgiving bunting is also available in my TpT store.

There are oodles of other free Thanksgiving items on TpT right now.  When I did a search of free Thanksgiving items, it came up with over 3,000 listings.  You might just find something to use this week.  

Happy Turkey Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment