Friday, December 9, 2011

Free eBooks

I don't know about at your school, but at my school our budget is very tight.  We don't get very many new library books per year due to the small budget so I try to find ways to access great literature at little to no cost. Some of my favorite sites for free eBooks are listed below.

Online Storyline is Barnes and Nobles free eBook site.  Every month a different book is featured and is usually read by that book's author or illustrator.  The Polar Express is this month's free “ebook” on Barnes and Noble's Online Storytime site. Chris Van Allsburg is reading the book! It’s about 7 ½ minutes long.  Available until Jan. 3rd.




Storyline Online is another great eBook site.  This site features actors reading popular children'ts books.  Storyline Online is also featuring the Polar Express.  Lou Diamond Phillips is the featured reader.  




Do you have any favorite eBook sites?  I'd love to hear what you think of these sites, too.  Just leave me a comment below.  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment